Thursday, March 15, 2007

See, I told you!!!!

I had no intention of watching the Mavs/ Suns game last night for two reasons. First, I had just gotten back from a one day trip to Washington, D.C. for business and I was exhausted. Second, I didn't think my wife would let me after being away the night before. But because it was a late game and Jeanette went to bed, I got sucked in and watch the overtimes.

Before I rant and rave, let me say this. I know it's just the regular season and if they had won this game and lost in the playoffs, it would be a failed season. Only the playoffs matter. Blah Blah Blah.

I AM PISSED!!!!!! The Mavericks were outscored by 15 in the fourth!!!! At home!!!! Against that piss ant Steve Nash. Dirk choked down the stretch, missed a wide open pull up jumper, two free throws that would have iced the game, and two game winning shots, both barely drawing iron. They refused to play defense in the overtimes and spent more time crying about fouls. You could say the technical on Dirk cost them the game.

This game looked way too much like last years finals against the Heat. Missing free throws, crying about officiating, missing the big rebound, settling for jump shots, choking down the stretch of games. Hopefully, this is just a little blip on a dominating year when the Mavs dominated from start to finish and Mark Cuban ends up crying like a baby when he takes the Larry O'Brien trophy from a grimacing David Stern, but they can't play like that and expect it to happen.

By the way, I hate Steve Nash. My hatred of Steve Nash is reaching Derek Jeter like proportions. How was he so spare here (especially during the playoffs) and so great over there. How has he not been thrown into the third row on some of those out of control drives to the basket? He is probably going to win another MVP and, compared to Dirk last night, he deserves, I guess, because that lose lays at the feet of Dirk. No other way to put it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Why do you hate Nash? Or Jeter, for that matter? Nash was an All Star in Dallas. If he is better in Phoenix it is because he is playing with finishers, not jumpshooters like he did here.