Tuesday, May 8, 2007

NHL Playoffs - Conference Finals

So I recovered from my first round losses and picked 4 for 4 in the second round. I was off a couple times in games, but the final teams moving on I had nailed. This is where it becomes really tricky, especially since I haven't been watching as much as I'd like.

But in the East, we'll see Ottawa vs. Buffalo. Man, this should be a great series full of scoring, speed, and great goaltending. I used to be a big Senators fan and it's very cool to see them representing themselves better than they ever have. I've never liked Buffalo - mostly because they can't get over the fact that Brett's goal was a goal. But I like Drury, and Afinogenov is the coolest hockey-name since Borschevsky. The goaltenders are where this series will be decided as the other areas are pretty even. And they are pretty even too, so I'm sure this series will go to 7 games, and I say.... Ottawa. This is finally their year at least until the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

In the West, Detroit will face off against Anaheim. Detroit has some great forwards, and Hasek is playing very well, but Anaheim has some real difference-makers on defense that the smaller forwards of Detroit have not had to face yet. I think this will be another long series, but I expect the defense and Giguere to overcome. Anaheim in 7.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our previews go up tomorrow... and I am this time going to predict against you! We both had the same picks last round. This time around I am going for Buffalo and Detroit!

May the best predictor win! ;)

PJ said...

So, I'm guessing that makes me the best predictor? :>